Sunday, January 23, 2011

All animals are equal...

Good day,my weekend was alright..jumped out of bed on saturday mroning,I mean I literally jumped,all in a bit to fulfil my civic duty and participate in the voters registration going on.When I got to the first place,I discovered that the place has packed up because the data capturing machine was malfuncting.Imagine!!!
But did I let that deter me?No,I quickly went in search of the nearest site to register...and despite jumping out of bed like I wanted to audition for MATRIX,I was no 72! And so,the waiting began...about four hours later,a group of 20 peopl came and tagged themselves exco of the estate and therefore deserve prefrential treatment,shyuo!see me see wahala o...that was how they took over,and it remeinded me of George Orwell's popular book 'Animal Farm"-All animals are equal,but some are more equal than others'.Needless to say,I went home in anger.
On sunday,I quickly dashed out of the house again..to register...,yeah,I know,I can be tenacious when I want something.Another drama happened on this day as well,the issue of elders v youths,and what should be the actual age for citizens that can claim elder and not queue up for registeration.And here,I began to hear various age like 40,45,49 claiming eler o....it was a serious matter...
And yes,I learned  lot about American politics and economy,sports-how Kanu is not yet 40 and how Aiyegbeni is older than Kanu,you name any topic,and someone has an opinion...lol...
All in all,it was intresting and I eventually registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment